We’re back in the studio for episode 223 of The Stitch TV Show online quilt show! We’re talking about the value of value (and edge) in fabric choices and revealing the judge’s comments from our entries in the recent guild quilt show. This episode is brought to you by Ink & Arrow Fabrics, a QTFabrics company!
Tips and links for this episode:
- Enter the Paloma fabric giveaway before August 9, 2017! Paloma was designed by Junebee for Ink & Arrow Fabrics. You can win 6 FQs and 1 yard of coordinating Pixie Dots using the Rafflecopter entry below.
- Alicia Jacobs Dujets designed the Mingle & Jingle fabric line we use in the value discussion. Learn more about her in our Sewlebrity Soft Pants Stitch-In interview!
- Bill Kerr of Modern Quilt Studio is an amazing teacher! Check out his and his partner Weeks Ringle’s book Transparency Quilts.
- Value finders can be helpful in distinguishing contrast between fabrics
- Better pictures of our quilt show entries. Judge’s comments are not scary!!
- Coffee is Not My Cup of Tea by Lynn; this is her Castle Wall quilt, pattern by Mickey Depre. Pictures of this quilt will be available in a future episode!
- The Nope! Quilt by Pam from Episode 209
- Diamonds are Forever by Lynn from Episode 210, which won an Honorable Mention
- Hogwart’s Required Reading by Pam
- Bonkers by Lynn from Episode 220, which tied for the Quilter’s Choice ribbon
- No Regrets by Pam from Episode 218
- Today’s episode was brought to you by Ink & Arrow Fabrics, because fabric should be fun!
- Audio only versions of the show are available in the Hip to be a Square quilting podcast feed.
- The Stitch TV Show mugs are available from Lasting Impressions Atlanta!
- Our next Virtual Stitch-In is tonight August 18 at 7pm US Eastern
- If you enjoyed it, help spread the word on your blog, or share on social media and tag us with #TheStitchTVShow!