In episode 218 of The Stitch TV Show quilting talk show, Pam and Lynn give an overview of the jurying process of a quilt show, tackle blocking and squaring up quilts, and share some tips and experience in submitting patterns to magazines. This episode is brought to you by Ink & Arrow Fabrics, a QTFabrics company!
The quilt hanging behind us is Pam’s pattern “No Regrets”, from issue 16 of Make Modern, Australia’s modern quilt magazine.
Tips and pictures for this episode:
- Quilting for a Show by Karen McTavish. It’s out of print, so check used book shops and online sites for copies!
- Use rust-proof pins to block your quilts!
- Another great article on blocking a quilt from Jenny K. Lyon
- Check out the last section on this article about the extra stitch in the corner mitre of the binding
- Pam’s “Cat Goes Here” mini quilt on her cutting table
- Pam’s original incarnation of the No Regrets quilt from a swap with the Irish Modern Quilt Guild. This quilt now lives with Cindy in Ireland!
- We’re doing a live filming at the Georgia Celebrates Quilts show on June 10 at 10:30am the Cobb County Civic Center in Marietta GA!
- Audio only versions of the show are available in the Hip to be a Square quilting podcast feed.
- The Stitch TV Show mugs are available from Lasting Impressions Atlanta! Purchase options will be on their website shortly.
- Our next Virtual Stitch-In is May 12, 2017 at 7 pm US Eastern
- If you enjoyed it, help spread the word on your blog, or share on social media and tag us with #TheStitchTVShow!