Here are the lectures and classes available from Lynn! We’d love to hear from you and talk to your group! Contact info at thestitchtvshow.com to inquire about availability and pricing; we are local to the Atlanta,GA area in the United States.
Learn more about the modern quilting movement, aesthetic, and online community in this one hour lecture. The presentation covers the origins of the movement, common themes and design styles for modern quilts, and the many ways modern quilters connect on social media to organize bees, swaps, and more.
“WTF Quilts: What The Fabric?”
In this lecture, we’ll share the secrets of how quilting makes you a domestic goddess with an unconventional look at the history of quilting in a one-hour lecture packed with information, photos, and fun that covers everything from Tristan to Traditional and everything in between!
Think quilt appraisals are just for antique quilts? Think again! In this one hour lecture, learn the many benefits of quilt appraisals, from documenting history to valuing the quilt, and what exactly goes into appraising a quilt.
“Color Confidence: The Six Colors to Avoid in Quilting”
This one-hour lecture will look at color in quilts and how to approach designing a quilt using a color wheel, nature, and photography. The presentation will cover steps quilters can take to develop confidence in approaching the color choices in their next quilts.
Also check out the workshop for a more in-depth experience!
Classes and Workshops
Click through to learn more and get supply lists.
- Get Spooled – Full day workshop for 2 block wallhanging with fusible applique
- Diamonds are Forever Quilt – Start with 10 FQs and background fabrics to make a quilt with 3 sizes of diamond-in-rectangle blocks
- Sewing Pottery / Coiled Vases– Coiled rope vases with a variety of finishing ideas
- Stripper’s Knot Quilt– Creating fabric slabs with stripped piecing and mastering curved piecing
- Fabric Postcards– Create swappable postcards from scraps and make the most of the specialty stitches on your sewing machine
- Crazy Modern Quilt– Make a modern version of a Crazy Quilt using a charm pack, fabric scraps, and speciality stitches on your sewing machine
- Skill Building with No Regrets Quilted Wallhanging– Learn the basics of half square triangles, square in a square and fusible applique