In episode 211 of The Stitch TV Show, Lynn and Pam talk about surviving #Clusterflake2017, a.k.a. the Atlanta (Non) Blizzard! We also discuss the many ways to bring portraits to life in quilting, and how to manage Block of the Month programs (or BOMs).
Tips and links for this episode:
- The quilts hanging behind us are our mascot portraits! Learn more about them in this blog post.
- Options for portraits in quilting
- Spoonflower is great for custom printing larger size pictures.
- Printable fabric (link takes you to Amazon).
- Here’s a helpful blog on using photo manipulation software to create images for applique
- Pat Durbin does a lot of mosaic quilting
- The free Craftsy class Pictures to Pixel Quilts
- The David Tenant quilt, “The Tenth“
- Learn more about Lynn’s class with Susan Brubaker Knapp in the first segment of episode 201.
- Paint my Photo is a royalty free photography site for artists to use
- Pam’s Halloween Baltimore Album quilt
- Pam’s 12 Days of Christmas Quilt from Nancy Halvorsen
- Pam’s layout for the 6 block scrappy sashing quilt
- Thanks to our production partners 77peaches enterprises and Big Think Productions! We could not do it without you.
- Audio only versions of the show are available in the Hip to be a Square podcast feed.
- The Stitch TV Show mugs are available from Last Impressions Atlanta! Purchase options will be on their website shortly.
- Our next Virtual Stitch-In is February 10, 2017 at 7 pm US Eastern.
- If you enjoyed it, help spread the word on your blog, or share on social media with #TheStitchTVShow!