This episode, Lynn and Pam give a quick update about attending the Sew Pro Convention and take questions from the internet and the live studio audience at the Chattahoochee Evening Stars quilt show in September 2016. In our second segment, we’re joined by fellow quilter and esteemed author Frances O’Roark Dowell to discuss her new quilting novel, “Birds in the Air“!
Tips and links for this episode:
- Tula Pink serendipity photo on Instagram
- Our parking deck photos from Chicago can be found on Instagram with #TheStitchImitatesArt. American Gothic is one of our favorites!
- Lynn’s Open Doors quilt can be found in episode 108 of The Stitch!
- Pam’s Hogwart’s Required Reading quilt was featured in episode 106 of The Stitch, and won 2nd place at the quilt show!
- The Modern Quilt Guild’s definition of modern quilts
- Frances’ quilting podcast is The Off Kilter Quilt
- The quilt hanging behind us in this episode is Lucky Star, now available from our shop!
- Thanks to our sponsor 77peaches and partner Big Think Productions! We could not do it without you.
- Audio only versions of the show are available in the Hip to be a Square podcast feed.
- Our next Virtual Stitch-In is October 14, 2016 at 7pm US Eastern
- If you enjoyed it, help spread the word on your blog!