Join Pam and Lynn for the first episode of Season 3 of The Stitch TV Show online quilt show! We’re talking about finding inspiration when you have none, and weird, unconventional tools you’d be surprised have a purpose in the sewing room.
This episode is brought to you by Ink & Arrow Fabrics!
The quilt hanging behind us is our Sportsball quilt in Green Bay Packer’s colors. Pam’s husband is still kind of mad about that Atlanta Falcons game. Get the pattern and make your own version in your team’s colors!
Tips and links for this episode:
- Turns out that was actually Arthur Murray and not Fred Astaire that went to Georgia Tech!
- Lynn’s TV & movie inspiration: Beauty and the Beast (with a lot of singing) and Outlander
- What’s a one-patch quilt? EQ7 has a good explanation or check out this book on one patch quilts.
- Unconventional tools in the sewing room:
- Blue painter’s tape
- Purple glue sticks
- Pipe cleaners
- Liquid or spray starch
- No. 2 pencils (classic wooden ones)
- Suction cup organizers
- Bamboo skewers
- Parchment paper and freezer paper
- Rubber jar openers
- Comic book backer boards (see also our episode 107, or this blog post on how to fold fabric on the backer boards.
- Today’s episode was brought to you by Ink & Arrow Fabrics, because fabric should be fun! Check out their Pixie Dots line which we’ll be featuring in the coming months!
- Audio only versions of the show are available in the Hip to be a Square quilting podcast feed.
- The Stitch TV Show mugs are available from Lasting Impressions Atlanta!
- Our next Virtual Stitch-In is Friday Sept 8 at 7pm US Eastern.
- If you enjoyed it, help spread the word on your blog, or share on social media and tag us with #TheStitchTVShow!