In episode 215 of The Stitch TV Show, Pam and Lynn talk about the awesomeness that was QuiltCon and the classes we took there, a slight correction to an earlier episode, basic sewing machine DIY and maintenance tips, and ways to overcome ugly fabric.
Tips and links for this episode:
- The quilt hanging behind us is the Sportsball Quilt! Learn more about it in this blog post, or buy the digital pattern in our shop!
- QuiltCon notes:
- DIY sewing machine maintenance tips:
- Change your needle after every 8-12 hours!
- Clean the lint out your bobbin case (but don’t use compressed air to do it)
- Oil your bobbin wick, but only with a clear oil, not a yellow one. Defer to your machine manufacturer for recommendations here.
- Consider using a micro vacuum attachment
- Try dipping your thread in mineral oil to reduce lint
- Only pull thread through the sewing machine as it would naturally feed through, don’t pull it backwards
- Consider a power conditioner to make sure fluctuating power levels don’t affect your computerized sewing machine. If your lights dim when the iron turns on, avoid having your sewing machine and your iron plugged into the same circuit in your house.
- Our ugly fabrics:
- Thanks to our production partners 77peaches enterprises and Big Think Productions; we could not do it without you.
- Audio only versions of the show are available in the Hip to be a Square quilting podcast feed.
- The Stitch TV Show mugs are available from Lasting Impressions Atlanta! Purchase options will be on their website shortly.
- Our next Virtual Stitch-In is April 14, 2017 at 7 pm US Eastern.
- If you enjoyed it, help spread the word on your blog, or share on social media with #TheStitchTVShow!