In episode 212 of The Stitch TV Show, Lynn and Pam talk about celebrating Valentine’s Day, different tips for sewing curves, and how to measure progress in quilting (and if you even should).
Tips and links for this episode:
- The quilt hanging behind us is the layer cake version of The Stripper’s Knot! Learn more about this twist on the classic Lover’s Knot quilt in this blog post or get the digital pattern in our shop!
- Tips for sewing curves:
- Slow down!
- Cut with a 28mm rotary cutter
- Use double stick tape on the back of your curved templates to hold it in place
- Curved piecing techniques
- Elisa’s Backporch Design curved templates
- The Quick Curve Ruler and the Metro Rings pattern to make a double wedding ring quilt
- Here’s a good tutorial on improv curved piecing in a wavy design
- For more tips on sewing curved shapes in quilting, check out in Cheryl Arkison’s Craftsy class Inset and Appliqué Circles by Machine, which is great for quilters of all skill ranges
- The Boots and Pants jam
- Thanks to our production partners 77peaches enterprises and Big Think Productions; we could not do it without you.
- Audio only versions of the show are available in the Hip to be a Square quilting podcast feed.
- The Stitch TV Show mugs are available from Lasting Impressions Atlanta! Purchase options will be on their website shortly.
- Our next Virtual Stitch-In is February 10, 2017 at 7 pm US Eastern, and again on March 17, 2017.
- If you enjoyed it, help spread the word on your blog, or share on social media with #TheStitchTVShow!