In episode 208 of The Stitch TV Show, Pam and Lynn talk about meeting Cotton + Steel designers Melody Miller and Sarah Watts! We then dive into quilt ergonomics, and why we have different sewing studio set ups, and wrap up with some thoughts on our holiday wish lists.
Tips and links for this episode:
- The quilt hanging behind us is Lucky Star jelly roll quilt, in Christmas fabrics! The pattern is available in our shop as a digital download.
- Here is the drawing of Sarah’s that Pam won at the quilt guild!
- Some of the highlights of the quilting ergonomics discussion:
- The Golden Triangle in architecture
- Ideally you want a cutting table that is between 34″ – 36″ high. The more specific measurement is to stand up with your hands down at your sides and measure from the floor to a point 4″ below your elbow.
- Your ironing surface should be about 3″ higher than the cutting surface (Lynn has an Oliso iron that has automatic lifting feet)
- Lynn is a fan of Martha & Snoop’s Potluck Dinner Party show
- Items from our wish lists!
- Lynn’s Castle Wall quilt top is put together!
- Thanks to our sponsor 77peaches and partner Big Think Productions! We could not do it without you.
- Audio only versions of the show are available in the Hip to be a Square podcast feed.
- Our next Virtual Stitch-In is January 31, 2016 at 7 pm US Eastern
- If you enjoyed it, help spread the word on your blog, or share on social media with #TheStitchTVShow!