In this episode of The Stitch TV Show, Pam and Lynn deliver some cutting remarks about scissors and lay down the science behind why you really shouldn’t cut paper with your fabric scissors. We also the benefits and elements that go into documenting a quilt story; it’s more than a label! Hit play and let us keep you company in your sewing room!
Tips and links for this episode:
- Types of scissors we discussed and recommend (these are Amazon affiliate links)
- Trapunto for the Modern Quilt, from Bad Ass Quilt Society
- Learn more about Scherenschnitte
- The Scissor Guy that vends at Original Sewing and Quilt Expos in the US
- How to make a sewing machine mat, which is handy for travel, from Katie’s Quilting Corner
- Gerald Roy’s website Pilgrim/Roy
- Learn more about the Quilt Alliance
- A form you can use for quilt documentation
- 1933 Chicago World’s Fair Quilt Show podcasst from The History Quilter
- Thanks to our sponsor 77peaches and partner Big Think Productions! We could not do it without you.
- Audio only versions of the show are available in the Hip to be a Square podcast feed.
- Our next Virtual Stitch-In is November 11, 2016 at 7pm US Eastern
- If you enjoyed it, help spread the word on your blog!