Join Pam and Lynn for episode 224 of The Stitch TV Show online quilt show! We’re diving into free motion quilting tips on a domestic machine and geeking out with math about the cost vs benefit of precut fabrics. This episode is brought to you by The Precut Store!
The quilt hanging behind us is Lynn’s “Lone Starburst” quilt; pattern from the Kimberly Einmo. book “Jelly Roll Magic“.
Tips and links for this episode:
- Enter the pre-cut bundle fabric giveaway before August 24, 2017, courtesy of The Precut Store! You can win 3 charm packs and a jelly roll of Moda Bella Snow using the Rafflecopter entry below. Buttons are also included!
Tips and items from the free motion quilting discussion:
- The Supreme Slider can make a smoother surface for FMQ
- The Gidget table is a travel table option with a set-in machine
- Making a flush set for your sewing machine with an IKEA table
- Christa Watson’s squish and smoosh method for FMQ
- Pam’s redneck engineering solution to extending her sewing machine work surface
- Leah Day’s solution for hacking your hopping FMQ foot
- NOTE: Pam mentioned platinum needles at the 27:00 mark, and got it wrong! She meant titanium needles, which can sometimes prevent flex in free motion quilting. Pretty sure we couldn’t afford platinum needles!
- Better examples of Pam’s go-to FMQ designs, Orange Peel and Ribbon Candy:
- Today’s episode was brought to you by The Precut Store, your one-stop shop for precut fabrics, kits, and thread!
- Audio only versions of the show are available in the Hip to be a Square quilting podcast feed.
- The Stitch TV Show mugs are available from Lasting Impressions Atlanta!
- Our next Virtual Stitch-In is tonight (not the 18th! Pam was wrong AGAIN!) August 11 at 7pm US Eastern
- If you enjoyed it, help spread the word on your blog, or share on social media and tag us with #TheStitchTVShow!