In this episode, Pam and Lynn talk about what the rules are to call a scrappy quilt “scrappy”, and how to do machine embroidery without a fancy embroidery machine.
The quilt hanging behind us is our pattern Keys to My Heart! You can get the digital pattern for this scrappy quilt in 3 sizes, or in a special magazine in a few weeks – stay tuned for details.
Helpful links and tips from this episode (some links via Amazon Affiliate links):
- Dan Morris designed the Radiance fabric for QT Fabrics on our table
- Check our National Quilting Day Color Lecture!
- Bonnie Hunter’s free tutorial on the Scrappy Trip Around the World quilt
- Pam talks more about her scrap organization in episode 308 of the talk show
- Diane Knot’s book Scrap Quilt Secrets: https://amzn.to/2LPYxO5
- Here is the free motion machine embroidery method Lynn refers to:
- Stabilizers for embroidery
- The Stitch TV Show shop is your source for our quilt patterns, notions, and show merchandise. Learn more about our video classes at learn.TheStitchTVShow.com.
- Come chat in our What’s Up Stitches? group on Facebook!
- Thanks to our production partners 77peaches enterprises and Big Think Productions.
- Audio only versions of the show are available in the Hip to be a Square quilting podcast feed.
- Our next Virtual Stitch-In is Friday June 14 at 7pm US Eastern.
- Our next Book Club is May 24 at 7pm US Eastern!
- If you enjoyed it, help spread the word on your blog, or share on social media and tag us with #TheStitchTVShow!