In this episode, Pam and Lynn talk about what the rules are to call a scrappy quilt “scrappy”, and how to do machine embroidery without a fancy embroidery machine.
This episode is brought to you by QT Fabrics and EnMart!
The quilt hanging behind us is our pattern Keys to My Heart! You can get the digital pattern for this scrappy quilt in 3 sizes, or in a special magazine in a few weeks – stay tuned for details.
Helpful links and tips from this episode (some links via Amazon Affiliate links):
- Dan Morris designed the Radiance fabric for QT Fabrics on our table
- Check our National Quilting Day Color Lecture!
- Bonnie Hunter’s free tutorial on the Scrappy Trip Around the World quilt
- Pam talks more about her scrap organization in episode 308 of the talk show
- Diane Knot’s book Scrap Quilt Secrets: https://amzn.to/2LPYxO5
- Here is the free motion machine embroidery method Lynn refers to:
- Stabilizers for embroidery
- Tear Away: https://amzn.to/2JHbLtG
- Cut Away: https://amzn.to/2EajP2n
- Dissolvable / Water Soluble: https://amzn.to/2w0U54a
- Water Soluble for lace: https://amzn.to/2Q4sSa7
- Today’s episode was brought to you by EnMart and QT Fabrics!
- The Stitch TV Show shop is your source for our quilt patterns, notions, and show merchandise. Learn more about our video classes at learn.TheStitchTVShow.com.
- Come chat in our What’s Up Stitches? group on Facebook!
- Thanks to our production partners 77peaches enterprises and Big Think Productions.
- Audio only versions of the show are available in the Hip to be a Square quilting podcast feed.
- Our next Virtual Stitch-In is Friday June 14 at 7pm US Eastern.
- Our next Book Club is May 24 at 7pm US Eastern!
- If you enjoyed it, help spread the word on your blog, or share on social media and tag us with #TheStitchTVShow!