Join us for an lively discussion of common sizes for storing scraps (and how to store them) and the basics of using rulers in quilting!
This episode is brought to you by QT Fabrics and Famore Cutlery!
The quilt hanging behind us is Pam’s version of the 2017 Quiltville Mystery Quilt, En Provence, from Bonnie Hunter.
Enter to win the giveaway for the Famore Cutlery bundle! Note: these are right-handed scissors, and we’ll ship internationally!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Tips and links for this episode:
- More about leaders and enders from the queen, Bonnie Hunter!
- Here are pictures of Pam’s scrap storage: 10″ squares, 5″ and 3 1/2″ squares, Strips, and binding scraps.
- Quilting books for scrap patterns in common sizes:
- Joan Ford’s Scrap Therapy, both Cut the Scraps! and Scraps Plus One
- Just about anything by Bonnie Hunter! Check out her post on the Scrap User System.
- The ruler we showed with the extra red handle on it is from Quilter’s Apothecary.
- Resources on quilting with rulers:
- From Angela Walters, an overview
- Here is Pam’s short intro video on using rulers to quilt on a domestic machine:
- Today’s episode was brought to you by QT Fabrics, so you can imagine and create!
- Thanks also to our sponsor Famore Cutlery; learn how to stay sharp with their line of scissors and cutting implements.
- Thanks to our production partners 77peaches enterprises and Big Think Productions.
- Audio only versions of the show are available in the Hip to be a Square quilting podcast feed.
- The Stitch TV Show mugs are available from Lasting Impressions Atlanta!
- Our next Virtual Stitch-In is Friday December 8 at 7pm US Eastern.
- If you enjoyed it, help spread the word on your blog, or share on social media and tag us with #TheStitchTVShow!