In this episode, Pam and Lynn talk about die cutting systems and tips, and then dive into y-seams with some helpful suggestions to bring them into your quilts.
The quilt hanging behind us is our pattern Belinda! Learn more about the quilt and buy the digital pattern here. You’ll use the tips we give on Y-seams in its construction!
Helpful links and tips from this episode (some links via Amazon Affiliate links):
- Dan Morris designed the Radiance fabric for QT Fabrics on our table
- Scratch and Sniff Stickers are still a thing: https://amzn.to/2DDWhTC
- Pam tried to rename a thread color for Enmart!
- We refer to our quilt “Transform” that hung behind us in episode 221.
- Die cutters we discussed:
- Accuquilt Go!: https://amzn.to/2DDWwhu
- Cricut Maker: https://amzn.to/2WfkdUp
- Silhouette Cameo: https://amzn.to/2LeTqGY (sadly not for fabric but good for paper and vinyl)
- Gemini by Crafter’s Companion: https://amzn.to/2WiaBbs
- Sizzix: https://amzn.to/2V6X6yU
- Ebony Love has an excellent library of resources on die cutting
- InkScape is a free software program that can be used to create .svg graphics files needed for software-based die cutters
- The Sew Easy template for hexagons is helpful for marking y-seam intersections: https://amzn.to/2DACG6H
- The Stitch TV Show shop is your source for our quilt patterns, notions, and show merchandise. Learn more about our video classes at learn.TheStitchTVShow.com.
- Come chat in our What’s Up Stitches? group on Facebook!
- Thanks to our production partners 77peaches enterprises and Big Think Productions.
- Audio only versions of the show are available in the Hip to be a Square quilting podcast feed.
- Our next Virtual Stitch-In is Friday May 12 at 7pm US Eastern.
- Our next Book Club is May 24 at 7pm US Eastern!
- If you enjoyed it, help spread the word on your blog, or share on social media and tag us with #TheStitchTVShow!