In this episode, Lynn and Pam chat about tips and tricks for quilting large quilts on a domestic machine, and whether size matters (when it comes to quilts). This episode is brought to you by The Stitch TV Show shop!
The quilt hanging behind us is our pattern Little Pink Houses; it’s a jelly roll friendly quilt pattern. Check it out on our shop!
Helpful links and tips from this episode:
- Our podcast episodes on Just Wanna Quilt with Dr. Elizabeth Townsend Gard; just scroll down to see our episodes.
- Helpful products for quilting large quilts on a domestic sewing machine:
- Dog grooming arms with muslin clamps like photographers use can be helpful for supporting the weight of large quilts
- Weighted hoops, like the Quilt Halo from Purple Daisies Quilting
- Grippy gloves, like Machingers (or get them from the dollar or discount store!)
- Today’s episode was brought to you by The Stitch TV Show shop! Your source for quilt patterns, notions, and show merchandise.
- Come chat in our What’s Up Stitches? group on Facebook!
- Thanks to our production partners 77peaches enterprises and Big Think Productions.
- Audio only versions of the show are available in the Hip to be a Square quilting podcast feed.
- Our next Virtual Stitch-In is Friday October 12 at 7pm US Eastern.
- Our next Book Club is Friday October 27 at 7pm US Eastern!
- If you enjoyed it, help spread the word on your blog, or share on social media and tag us with #TheStitchTVShow!