In this episode, we talk about using paper piecing for basic quilt units, and specialty rulers vs regular rulers (and how they are different from templates). This episode is brought to you by QT Fabrics!
The quilt hanging behind us is Lynn’s log cabin quilt, featuring low volume fabrics.
Tips and links for this episode:
- Here’s a better look at the low-volume fabrics we show on the show:
- Open Wide Zipper Pouches and other tutorials from Noodlehead
- Here is Lynn’s zipper pouch from the show
- Atkinson Designs has a variety of bag patterns
- Sara Lawson at Sew Sweetness has both patterns and video classes for bag making
- By Annie sells Soft n Stable and a variety of hardware for bag making
- Pam recommends The Bag Making Bible to get familiar with bag making basics
- The pattern that Lynn used for her tote with the uneven handles is from a back issue of McCall’s Quilting
- The Diva Wallet is a great wallet pattern from Sew Many Creations
- Today’s episode was brought to you by QT Fabrics, so you can imagine and create!
- Come chat in our What’s Up Stitches? group on Facebook!
- Thanks to our production partners 77peaches enterprises and Big Think Productions.
- Audio only versions of the show are available in the Hip to be a Square quilting podcast feed.
- Get show merchandise like mugs and shirts from our shop!
- Our next Virtual Stitch-In is Friday July 13 at 7pm US Eastern.
- Our next Book Club is Friday June 29 at 7pm US Easter!
- If you enjoyed it, help spread the word on your blog, or share on social media and tag us with #TheStitchTVShow!