We talk about some tips for starting a quilt guild, and the results of the applique preferences survey we ran on our blog. This episode is brought to you by QT Fabrics!
The quilt hanging behind us is Lynn’s quilt, “Tumble Down”.
Tips and links for this episode:
- Mary Fons is now the editor of Quiltfolk
- Calvin Klein Spring Fashion campaign features a lot of quilts
- Applique tips and notes:
- Freezer paper is one method to use with a can of spray starch
- Fusible applique is another method (we like Soft Fuse)
- This is the Sharon Schamber applique foundation and an Elmer’s purple glue stick
- Applique book recommendations
- Piece by Piece Machine Applique by Sharon Schamber
- Stitched Raw Edge Applique by Sue Nickels and Pat Holly
- Back Basting Applique Step by Step by Barbara Eikmeier
- The Best of Baltimore Beauties Part 1 and Part 2 by Elly Sienkiewicz
- Freezer Paper Applique from Annie Smith
- The Twister Tool we discussed
- We belong to both the Atlanta Modern Quilt Guild and the East Cobb Quilters’ Guild
- Today’s episode was brought to you by QT Fabrics, so you can imagine and create!
- Come chat in our What’s Up Stitches? group on Facebook!
- Thanks to our production partners 77peaches enterprises and Big Think Productions.
- Audio only versions of the show are available in the Hip to be a Square quilting podcast feed.
- The Stitch TV Show mugs are available from Lasting Impressions Atlanta!
- Our next Virtual Stitch-In is Friday March 16 at 7pm US Eastern.
- If you enjoyed it, help spread the word on your blog, or share on social media and tag us with #TheStitchTVShow!