We get lively about what exactly a neutral color is, and what exactly custom quilting is, and how to do it! This episode is brought to you by QT Fabrics!
The quilt hanging behind us is Pam’s quilt, “Great Grunge”. It’s custom quilted!
Enter the giveaway for the Ombre Stitches FQ bundle below! We love getting new shop topic suggestions. 🙂
Tips and links for this episode:
- Quilt Museum takes 4th place in USA Today contest
- The movie Fried Green Tomatoes. Pam has, in fact, eaten Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe in Juliette, GA.
- Pat Wys’ book “Knockout Neutrals: 12 Showstopping Neutral Quilts“
- Types of custom quilting:
- Quilting “to the piece” or “to the block”, like this one from Piece N Quilt
- Quilting around applique, like this one from Roberta’s Custom Quilting
- Computerized custom quilting, like this example from Thread Tales from a Scrappy Quilter
- Martha Pullen is the name we couldn’t remember in the show!
- Today’s episode was brought to you by QT Fabrics, so you can imagine and create!
- Thanks to our production partners 77peaches enterprises and Big Think Productions.
- Audio only versions of the show are available in the Hip to be a Square quilting podcast feed.
- The Stitch TV Show mugs are available from Lasting Impressions Atlanta!
- Our next Virtual Stitch-In is Friday February 9 at 7pm US Eastern.
- If you enjoyed it, help spread the word on your blog, or share on social media and tag us with #TheStitchTVShow!