Join us for a fun chat about the basics of binding, from hand to machine binding, and some tips for working with fabric selvages!
The quilt hanging behind us is Pam’s Sonic Geese quilt, a proud #QuiltConReject!
Tips and links for this episode:
- Pam’s blog post about using upbeat music for quilting
- Our previous blog about tips for machine binding, and the new video Pam did on the process
- The bias binding fat quarter tutorial Pam referenced, which gives you 5 yards of bias binding from a single fat quarter.
- The Happy Endings book by Mimi Dietrich on binding finishes.
- What is the difference between a whip stitch and a ladder stitch?
- This is very similar to the carousel horse cross-stitch kit that Pam talked about.
- Micro Fine tips for Elmer’s School Glue from Purple Daisies
- Check out some Pinterest inspiration for working with fabric selvages!
- Here is the selvage dress Pam referenced. She misspoke and cited Sara Lawson; it’s actually from Vintage Ric-Rac.
- Today’s episode was brought to you by QT Fabrics, so you can imagine and create!
- Thanks also to our sponsor Famore Cutlery; learn how to stay sharp with their line of scissors and cutting implements.
- Thanks to our production partners 77peaches enterprises and Big Think Productions.
- Audio only versions of the show are available in the Hip to be a Square quilting podcast feed.
- The Stitch TV Show mugs are available from Lasting Impressions Atlanta!
- Our next Virtual Stitch-In is Friday January 12 at 7pm US Eastern.
- If you enjoyed it, help spread the word on your blog, or share on social media and tag us with #TheStitchTVShow!