Join us for a fun chat about the basics of binding, from hand to machine binding, and some tips for working with fabric selvages!
This episode is brought to you by QT Fabrics and Famore Cutlery!
The quilt hanging behind us is Pam’s Sonic Geese quilt, a proud #QuiltConReject!
Tips and links for this episode:
- Pam’s blog post about using upbeat music for quilting
- Our previous blog about tips for machine binding, and the new video Pam did on the process
- The bias binding fat quarter tutorial Pam referenced, which gives you 5 yards of bias binding from a single fat quarter.
- The Happy Endings book by Mimi Dietrich on binding finishes.
- What is the difference between a whip stitch and a ladder stitch?
- This is very similar to the carousel horse cross-stitch kit that Pam talked about.
- Micro Fine tips for Elmer’s School Glue from Purple Daisies
- Check out some Pinterest inspiration for working with fabric selvages!
- Here is the selvage dress Pam referenced. She misspoke and cited Sara Lawson; it’s actually from Vintage Ric-Rac.
- Today’s episode was brought to you by QT Fabrics, so you can imagine and create!
- Thanks also to our sponsor Famore Cutlery; learn how to stay sharp with their line of scissors and cutting implements.
- Thanks to our production partners 77peaches enterprises and Big Think Productions.
- Audio only versions of the show are available in the Hip to be a Square quilting podcast feed.
- The Stitch TV Show mugs are available from Lasting Impressions Atlanta!
- Our next Virtual Stitch-In is Friday January 12 at 7pm US Eastern.
- If you enjoyed it, help spread the word on your blog, or share on social media and tag us with #TheStitchTVShow!