Join us to learn more about non-traditional quilt backs like fleece, minky, sheets, and more, and what to look for in sewing room lighting.
This episode is brought to you by Ink & Arrow Fabrics and Famore Cutlery!
The quilt hanging behind us is Islands in the Stream, from the September / October issue of Modern Patchwork!
Tips and links for this episode:
- The tutorial for the hexagon pincushion caddy can be found at Penny’s Hands.
- Here’s our selfie with Jane Sassaman!
- Check out wool balls for your dryer
- Some different or non-traditional quilt backs
- Fleece and Minky
- A perspective on sheets as a quilt back
- Tips on using flannel for a quilt back
- Other quilt blocks
- The Peppa Pig quilt Lynn made from the Belinda quilt pattern
- Pam’s Pittsburgh Steelers quilt with the fleece back:
- More info on lighting:
- We like this LED clip lamp for task lighting; it fits on a quilting hoop!
- Flexible LED strip lighting is great for under the harp of your sewing machine
- Pam has the Swan Table Lamp combination daylight / magnifying light on her cutting table.
- Today’s episode was brought to you by Ink & Arrow Fabrics, because fabric should be fun! Check out their Pixie Dots basics line!
- Thanks also to our sponsor Famore Cutlery; learn how to stay sharp with their line of scissors and cutting implements.
- Thanks to our production partners 77peaches enterprises and Big Think Productions.
- Audio only versions of the show are available in the Hip to be a Square quilting podcast feed.
- The Stitch TV Show mugs are available from Lasting Impressions Atlanta!
- Our next Virtual Stitch-In is Friday November 10 at 7pm US Eastern.
- If you enjoyed it, help spread the word on your blog, or share on social media and tag us with #TheStitchTVShow!