In this episode, Lynn and Pam chat about thread painting and thread sketching, and the basics of fusible applique. This episode is brought to you by The Stitch TV Show shop!
The quilt hanging behind us is our pattern Nifty Christmas; it’s a charm pack (or 5″ square) friendly quilt. Get a copy of the digital pattern at our shop, or even check out the pre-fused applique kit for ready-made fun!
Helpful links and tips from this episode:
- Karen Stone has an iquilt class on her English Paper Piecing by Machine technique
- Thread Painting
- Fusible applique:
- Lightboxes are helpful for fusible applique
- The Sewing pre-fused applique kit is also available from our shop!
- Today’s episode was brought to you by The Stitch TV Show shop! Your source for quilt patterns, notions, and show merchandise.
- Come chat in our What’s Up Stitches? group on Facebook!
- Thanks to our production partners 77peaches enterprises and Big Think Productions.
- Audio only versions of the show are available in the Hip to be a Square quilting podcast feed.
- Our next Virtual Stitch-In is Friday December 14 at 7pm US Eastern.
- Our next Book Club is Friday October 27 at 7pm US Eastern!
- If you enjoyed it, help spread the word on your blog, or share on social media and tag us with #TheStitchTVShow!